Ray Mayo loves talking about buildings. With years of experience first as a carpenter and then as a home inspector, Ray has become an expert on how buildings work. Driven by an endless curiosity, Ray is committed to working with his clients to be a “building consultant for life,” and act as a source of information and a sounding board long after his clients move into their new homes.
Growing up in Bowdoinham and now residing in Freeport, Ray has specialized knowledge about the buildings throughout Midcoast and Southern Maine. Our coastal region has buildings unlike anywhere else on the planet; hot summers to frigid winters, a strong shipbuilding community, and a creative population surviving off the land have all influenced how houses are been built here.
“(Ray) explained everything in detail and showed how to mitigate many of the things he was noting in the inspection report.” – Steven
“Ray’s service is second-to-none. He was prompt and patient throughout the entire process and answered all of my questions. The report that he provided was well written, thorough, and easy to understand.” – Raam
- Member and Certified Inspector with the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Professional Member and previously on the Board of Directors of the Maine Coalition of Home Inspection Professionals (MeCHIPS)
- Registered Maine Radon Service Provider
- Passed National Home Inspection Examination
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Over 7 years of carpentry experience, from building through finish work
- M.S. in Environmental Studies from Syracuse University
- B.A. in Ecological Design from Marlboro College
- Worked with John Todd of John Todd Ecological Design in Woods Hole, MA